Provided by: Brittaney Warden, Activity Aide
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 ½ tsp. ground cardamom, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or paste
- 2 1/4-oz. chocolate toffee bars (preferably Skor), finely chopped
- 3 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Cook butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 5–8 minutes.
- Scrape into the bowl of a stand mixer. Let brown butter cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, 1½ tsp. cardamom, and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add brown sugar and ¼ cup granulated sugar to brown butter. Fit bowl onto stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until thick, about 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue to mix just until smooth, about 1 minute longer. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients; beat until nearly combined. Add Skor bars and beat just long enough to bring dough together (it will be a little loose). Cover and let rest 5–10 minutes to let flour hydrate (dough will thicken).
- Place cornflakes in a small bowl. Mix remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 tsp. cardamom, and 1 tsp. cinnamon in another small bowl.
- Working one at a time, scoop out 2-tablespoonfuls of dough (they don’t need to be perfect balls) and toss in cornflakes to coat well; squeeze lightly to adhere. Move to bowl with spiced sugar and toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 3″ apart. Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until edges are set, 13–16 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets. Brush with gold dust if desired.
*Do Ahead: Cookies can be baked 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Happy Birthday SeptemberSeptember 2020 | Birthday
Here at Memorial Stone County, we would like to give a big Happy Birthday to our residents and staff with…
Prostate Cancer Awareness MonthSeptember 2020 | Letter from Administrator
September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, which means now is the perfect time to learn more about this cancer, and…
Practice Good Hygiene to Combat SicknessSeptember 2020 | From our Desks
Fall season is upon us and, with cooler weather right around the corner, it’s a great time to enjoy fairs,…